SciCan Ltd. (referred to as SciCan in this document) is committed to adhering to the principles of PIPEDA (Canada's Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act) and to protecting the privacy of the personal information it collects, uses and discloses for commercial purposes.
The Ten Privacy Principles:
- Accountability - SciCan has appointed a Privacy Officer who is accountable for SciCan's compliance with PIPEDA.
- Identifying Purposes - SciCan identifies each purpose for which personal information is collected prior to or at the time the information is collected. If we want to change the purpose after having made the collection, we will ask for consent before doing so.
- Consent - Personal information is only collected, used and disclosed by SciCan with the knowledge and consent of the person to whom the information pertains, unless otherwise required by law.
- Limiting Collection - SciCan only collects personal information that is necessary for the purposes identified. All personal information is collected by fair and lawful means.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention - SciCan does not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was originally collected without consent unless required to by law. Personal information is only retained for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected.
- Accuracy - The personal information collected by SciCan is as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected.
- Safeguards - SciCan protects all personal information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the data. Access to personal information is only given to those employees who require that information to carry out the identified purposes.
- Individual Access - Upon request, an individual will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information and will be given access to it for purposes of verifying the accuracy and completeness of the information and having it modified as necessary.
- Challenging Compliance - An individual may direct any questions or inquiries regarding compliance to the above principles to our Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
Further information on privacy and your rights in regard to your personal information may be found on the Privacy Commissioner of Canada website at www.privcom.gc.ca.
Web Site Privacy Statement
SciCan collects information from our website users (each, a “user”) at several points on our website:
a. Order Forms
We request information from the user on our order forms. Here, a user must provide contact information (name, shipping address, etc.) and financial information (credit card number, expiration date, etc.). This information is used specifically for billing purposes and to fill customer's orders. If we have trouble processing an order, this contact information is used to get in touch with the user. Each user has the right to decline to provide his or her personal information. However, we may, as a result, not be able to fulfill an order, answer a question or provide information because of lack of information.
We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, and track user movement only within our website. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
d. Course registration
To attend some conferences or product training seminars sponsored by SciCan or its affiliates, a user must first complete a registration form. During registration a user is required to give his or her contact information (such as name and email address). Each user has the right to decline to provide his or her personal information. However, we may, as a result, not be able to enroll him or her in the conference or seminar because of lack of information.
e. Warranty registration
On a strictly voluntary basis, we collect product user information to register product warranties. On this e-form, each user is asked to input name and contact information, and also to answer product usage questions. Warranty information is considered confidential and is maintained only for future product warranty claims. On the e-form, there is also a question that asks if SciCan may contact the user about future product promotions. If the user indicates "Yes" then his or her name may be used for future marketing purposes. If the user indicates "No" then the user’s information will be maintained strictly for product warranty purposes.
f. Information Use
SciCan reserves the right to perform statistical analyses of user behavior and characteristics. We do this in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the website. SciCan collects IP addresses for system administration and record keeping. Your IP address is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. Our servers record incoming IP addresses. The IP addresses are analyzed only in aggregate; no connection is made between you and your computer's IP address.
g. Links to other Internet Sites
Our website contains links to other websites. SciCan is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other Web sites.
The information, tools, resources and services contained on our website are designed to improve users’ online experience and be helpful. However, SciCan will not be liable for any damages, direct, indirect or otherwise arising from users’ access and use of our website and SciCan specifically disclaims all such liability.